Serving as family caregiver for an older loved one, although incredibly fulfilling, can also cause an elevated level of caregiver stress. The 24/7 pressure of taking care of a loved one’s care needs can very quickly intensify to turn into caregiver burnout – a dangerous condition that can cause a loss of patience and emotional outbursts, impacting not only the caregiver personally, but his or her older loved one as well.
It’s important to find out if you could potentially be in danger of acquiring caregiver burnout, and to locate help if needed. The following set of questions from our Arizona home care team can help you learn whether you have crossed the line from family caregiver stress to caregiver burnout:
- Are you no longer finding pleasure in activities or interests?
- Do you struggle with back pain, headaches, exhaustion, and/or feeling blue or depressed?
- Are you becoming sick more often than previously?
- Is your temper shorter lately, either with the older person or other family and friends, in private or in public?
- Are you lashing out at your senior loved one when he or she exhibits difficult behaviors?
- Are you more emotional these days? Are you crying for little or no reason?
- Are you gaining or losing weight without trying?
- Are you having difficulty with falling or staying asleep?
If your answers to these questions raise red flags, it might be time to think about seeking help, for both yourself and the senior you love.
At Endeavor In-Home Care, the leading providers of in-home caregivers in Gilbert, AZ, and surrounding areas, our extensively trained and experienced care professionals can share the load by providing in-home respite care services – whether for a few hours each week, full-time, around-the-clock care, or anything in between, offering a much-needed break to tend to your own personal needs, enjoy some downtime to rest and recharge, and to help you to be better equipped to provide the highest quality care for your senior loved one.
Just a few of the many ways we can help include:
- Friendly companionship for conversations and fun activities
- Preparing healthy meals
- Assisting with housework and laundry
- Picking up groceries and running other errands
- Providing accompanied transportation to medical appointments and outings
- And much more