Alzheimer’s Care Services
Alzheimer’s disease is one of those cognitive disorders that doesn’t just affect the individual suffering from it; the disease can impact the entire family. This progressive condition is difficult to cope with, hard to manage, and requires caregivers that are specially trained in this type of disorder. Our senior in-home care supports your elderly loved one with:
- Personal encouragement – We help them remain independent regardless of their cognitive decline.
- Help maintaining a routine – Keeping a regular routine has been proven to help people with Alzheimer’s better function in their day-to-day lives.
- Meal preparation – People living with Alzheimer’s often forget to eat. Our senior caregivers can handle shopping, cooking, and feeding to ensure your loved one maintains proper nutrition and stays healthy at home.
- Medication reminders – Regularly taking medication is a critical step in managing this disease. Our Alzheimer’s home care services make sure they never miss their medication and always take the correct dose.
- Emotional support – Alzheimer’s disease takes its toll on the individual and their families. Endeavor In-Home Care provides a helping hand to stay positive and continue to enjoy life in the face of adversity.
- Light housework – We help maintain a safe and clean home by keeping up with laundry, dusting, vacuuming, and other household chores.
- Transportation – Whether they need to be taken to medical appointments, attend social events, or run any type of errand, our senior in-home care ensures your loved one never misses an outing.
Dementia Home Care Services
The word “dementia” is a widely used term that is closely associated with Alzheimer’s, but a person can suffer from other forms of dementia that have nothing to do with the disease. Dementia can occur due to age, vascular problems, or other cognitive impairments. At Endeavor In-Home Care, we can help your loved one live at home, remain independent, and stay safe.
People with dementia often forget things—from turning off the stove to taking their medication. Professional senior in-home care ensures that their health and safety are never at risk. Hiring a caregiver who specializes in dementia offers many benefits, including:
- Receiving in-home care for your elderly loved one whenever they need it. If you need a caregiver’s help while you’re at work, Endeavor can be there. We work with your schedule to ensure you get the level of home care required, and we can scale-up or scale-down the type and amount of care as needed.
- Working with an elderly caregiver that is trained specifically in dementia care. Our experienced caregivers understand what causes dementia, how it progresses, and what can occur as it does. We not only use that knowledge to improve our senior in-home care services, but also to educate family members and help them cope with their loved one’s condition.
Home Care For Parkinson’s Disease
Parkinson’s disease is a progressive, neuro-degenerative disorder that is just as common in the U.S. as Alzheimer’s. At Endeavor, we offer specialized in-home care services for those diagnosed and suffering from Parkinson’s disease. Because this does not just affect the mind, our services can help your loved one deal with the physical changes that the disease will bring about—especially as it progresses into the later stages.
Services we provide as part of our Parkinson’s home care include:
- Personal Care – From grooming to showering to ensuring your loved one remembers to use the bathroom, we keep them safe and healthy.
- Adjustment – We can help your loved one adapt to the mental and physical changes their body will go through. With our compassionate caregiver there to support them and your family, everyone can be prepared for the road ahead.
- Independence – Most importantly, we give your loved one the chance to remain at home and receive the care they need to maintain their independence.
Cognitive Therapy Program
Cognitive therapy treats a broad range of psychological issues, such as depression, anger, anxiety, loneliness, panic, and fears, by focusing on how people think, communicate, and behave today rather than on early childhood experiences. Many of our clients who take advantage of traditional home care services also benefit from cognitive therapy to help improve their quality of life.
Endeavor In-Home Care offers a cognitive therapy program for clients concerned about a variety of issues, including symptoms of dementia, memory decline, fears about age-related life changes, and symptoms of depression and related conditions. The therapy is conducted by highly trained therapists and psychologists, and is paid for by Medicare. Our clients typically get approved for two hours of therapy every week.
If your loved one suffers from Alzheimer’s/dementia or Parkinson’s disease, you can trust in Endeavor to provide them with the companionship, assistance, and broad range of senior in-home care services they need to thrive. Contact us today for a free assessment.